Sunday, February 25, 2024

CALLED for what?

 

Isaiah 6:8

King James Version

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, 

Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? 

Then said I, Here am I; send me.


Did GOD call you?

Or, did you volunteer?

Perhaps, it was both?

That got me thinking.

So, I look back into my own life.

For, what other life is there to look into?

In the same manner, you need to look into your own life.

That we may all make sense of things.

Work-wise, and destiny-wise.


Surely, you keep asking:

"What is my role in life?"

"What am I cut out for?"

"What work was I meant to do?"

"What can I live on?"

"How shall I survive?"

"What is my purpose?"

And as I ask that last question, my mind gets tickled.

Knowing that will be for another article.

For now, we ask the following:


Are you like Paul?

Called to be an "apostle of Jesus Christ"?

1 Corinthians 1:1

King James Version

1 Paul 

called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ 

through the will of God, 

and Sosthenes our brother,


Or are you "called to be saints"?

1 Corinthians 1:2

King James Version

2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, 

to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, 

called to be saints, 

with all that in every place 

call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, 

both their's and our's:


There's always an "invitation", you know.

JESUS invites us all the time.

Revelation 3:20

King James Version

20 Behold, 

I stand at the door, and knock: 

if any man hear my voice, and open the door, 

I will come in to him, and will sup with him, 

and he with me.


Can you hear the LORD?

Or is the world too noisy?

Are there too many distractions?

Is that why you go up into the mountains?

Is that why you stay away from others, for a while?

That you may hear self?

That you may experience some peace?

That you may review your life?

That you may unclutter your thinking?

That you may know your purpose?


When you start feeling that way, GOD waits.

He waits for you to really call upon Him.

For help, for clarity, for love, for joy, for peace.

Only GOD can give you ALL that.

We usually call GOD when we're at our lowest low.

The perfect springboard for change.

GOD wants your TOTAL surrender.


What you didn't know is that He called you first.

You were predestined for something.

BEFORE you were even born.

John 15:16

King James Version

16 Ye have not chosen me, 

but I have chosen you, 

and ordained you, 

that ye should go and bring forth fruit, 

and that your fruit should remain: 

that whatsoever ye shall ask 

of the Father in my name, 

he may give it you.


2 Timothy 2:19-21

King James Version

19 Nevertheless 

the foundation of God standeth sure, 

having this seal, 

The Lord knoweth them that are his. 

And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ 

depart from iniquity.

20 But in a great house 

there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, 

but also of wood and of earth; 

and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himself from these, 

he shall be a vessel unto honour, 

sanctified, 

and meet for the master's use, 

and prepared unto every good work.


1 John 4:19

King James Version

19 We love him, 

because he first loved us.


GOD created you for a purpose.

Your duty is to find out what that is.

Even as king Solomon stated our duty clearly:

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14

King James Version

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: 

Fear God, and keep his commandments: 

for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, 

with every secret thing, 

whether it be good, 

or whether it be evil.


But, unless GOD makes you born again, you won't believe that.

Much less know where to start.

A born again receives the SPIRIT of GOD.

We need His SPIRIT to teach us about JESUS.

We need His SPIRIT to help us understand Scripture.

We need His SPIRIT to teach us about these last days.


All the rumblings in your heart, all that discontent in your soul, are the seeds of change.

You're ready for change.

Maybe even a new life.

Something worthwhile.

Something purposeful.

Something you can live with.

Something worthy of the LORD.

You see, it must always be for His purpose.

Everything was meant for His GLORY.

It was never about us.

It has always been about using the gifts He gave us.

Specifically, the FRUIT of the SPIRIT.

For His perfect purpose.


Appreciate the rumblings of your heart.

Or the discontent in your soul.

Even the rage, and fury you have.

You cannot break GOD.

But He can break you.

And put new spirit in you:

Ezekiel 36:26-27

King James Version

26 A new heart also will I give you, 

and a new spirit will I put within you: 

and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, 

and I will give you an heart of flesh.

27 And I will put my spirit within you, 

and cause you to walk in my statutes, 

and ye shall keep my judgments, 

and do them.


Consider this an exciting journey.

At knowing GOD, and self.

For both are intertwined.

Discover what GOD created you for.

Find the real meaning of life.

Find your purpose.

Pray for the details.

GOD always answers our prayers.

But know this:

1 John 5:14

King James Version

14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, 

that, if we ask any thing according to his will, 

he heareth us:


It's a joyful journey, this process.

Which SPIRIT helped me unravel.

Beginning with self.


Related material:

The LORD's INVITATION

It's all PREPARATION now

BEFORE we were even BORN

GOD's GLORY blogs

BORN AGAIN classics


Image: Clipart Library


CALLED for what?

  Isaiah 6:8 King James Version 8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying,  Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?  Then said I, Here...